To celebrate my 18th birthday – which I think is a big landmark – I have been reflecting on my life. So here is 18 things I have learnt about myself in the past 18 years.
◦ I am lucky! I have a roof over my head, food and water always available to me, a great education and a healthy happy family.
◦ You don’t need to share absolutely everything on social media or online. It is more important to live in the moment than capturing it for everyone else to see
◦ I enjoy talking, talking about almost anything but especially about myself. Saying this I love listening to others talking about their life experiences.
◦ “Practice makes perfect” is true!the more you do something the better you become at it, whatever it may be -eyeshadow skills, acting, or even maths papers.
◦ Concerts, listening to music, acting and Disney films transport me to another world and make me happy.
◦ Wearing nice clothes, a touch of makeup and effort into the hair makes me feel so much more confident and happy. I walk with my head a little higher.
◦ I hate letting people down – especially myself.
◦ People come and go in your life and they either stay in it, or were only in it for for a short time – sometimes you have to let people go.
◦ When you work hard, the time and energy you used pays off.
◦ You don’t have to stay in contact with absolutely everyone you meet.
◦ That I like to be in control.
◦ Everything happens for a reason. (I need to listen to this quote more)
◦ Water is my favourite drink – how boring….
◦ One big thing I have learnt is that I don’t care what people think of me and I don’t need to care what they think of me. If someone likes me then it is for the real me and if they don’t then tough, they are missing out. Just as long as I am myself and living my best life it is all good.
◦ I love myself. I have accepted the good and bad about all the factors of myself but I realised that this is everything that makes up who I am.
◦ My friends are some of the most amazing talented people and they inspire me to be better.
◦ My family are the most important thing to me and I care about them (and would rather spend time with them over anyone else).
◦ That I am a very loyal caring person and try to put smiles on people’s faces usually over putting smiles on my own face.
Hopefully in the upcoming years I learn many more interesting things about myself and the world I live in. But currently I feel like I know myself very well and maybe better than many other 18 year olds.
Ps I have had a great birthday!! Feel very spoilt.
©️ lauren walls 2018